Thursday, June 21, 2012

Commissioned Joker Art by Tony Daniel

As this is my first post I guess i should say something about myself..

I like to collect things...they may have little dollar value...or they may be very valuable, But the only reason I ever collect anything is because I like it. I thought it would be cool to share some of the things I have in my collection and share some of my newest finds with you guys as it happens.

So here i go.....

As a child i loved reading comics..Elf Quest..Wolverine and Kitty Pride.....Spider-Ham..
but as a teenager I was too busy doing teenage things to read comics...so I forgot all about them...until a good friend of mine, and a batman universe human encyclopedia of knowledge, got me reading them again.This just so happened to be around the time DC Comics was relaunching many hit titles in "The New 52".I was very interested in the new Detective Comics and read it first out of any other of the re-launches.I was Hooked..What Tony Daniel brought with his writing and Art blew me away,
I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor..

When i found out Tony Daniel was attending Vancouver Canada's First major Con (FanExpo) I was very excited to meet him,maybe get an Autograph,But when I became friends with him on Facebook and he announced he was taking pre-commissions I knew i had to try and get a commission done.

After a Quick and friendly email exchange Tony told me to send him as detailed a description as possible, and did I ever. I kept thinking to myself that i was too long, but then convinced myself that I couldn't leave anything out. Well he didn't miss a single detail..everything is exactly as I wanted...its as if he pulled the image from my mind..

if you ever get a chance to have a Commission done by Tony Daniel, or any other artist you like dont miss the chance...its an investment in one of a kind art.

Here is the picture Tony sent me to make sure I liked it..


I still say WOW every time I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment